Monday, January 2, 2012

I knit now








I have a new hobby. It's knitting! More specifically knitting baby hats. Who knew I would ever take to knitting? Certainly not my mother, who has already tried at least 18 times to teach me how. But there is something about knitting an adorable baby hat that is appealing and something else about knitting a boring ugly scarf for an adult that is not. When Corrie came with me to Michaels crafts to search for yet another pair of needles (bamboo, circular, 5.5 mm. All sticks are not created equal apparently) I asked her where the line was between knitting being a trendy, indie, DIY cool kind of hobby and a lame, old-fashioned crafty mom kind of hobby. With no hesitation she said "Vests. When you start knitting vests, you have crossed that line. Hats are cool." So here are some of my cool hats!
Just in case you're wondering how I gained such mad skills so quickly I want you to know it took a lot of trial and error. Knitting patterns are complete gibberish. And each of those hats took at least 3 restarts before actually turning out.
The end goal here, of course, if for my baby to have a ridiculous collection of hats. Wish me luck, I'm still knitting away. Also, if you invite me to your baby shower, I will make you one.

3 comments:

  1. Dana, those are SO adorable! I will buy one from you for my baby! Haha. Congrats on your little girl, I'm sure you are anxious to meet her! Good luck with everything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Jod...I'll buy one from you! Oooor...you can just give me one ;) he he. They're so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Psh, my baby shower was before this entry existed. I feel jipped. :p

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...