Friday, October 5, 2012

attack of the cheese stick wielding orphan toddler

So the other day we're sitting in Sunday School and this little baby/toddler/wobbly walker with too much slobber on himself for my comfort (and hello, my slobber comfort level is really high since I myself have a slobberer) came up to us and was getting a little bit too all up in Camryn's grill, so I picked Camryn up and put her in my lap and started paying attention to the lesson again, looked down a minute later and the kid is sitting in camryn's carseat.  He'd just crawled right in and made himself at home.  We let him hang out there for a little bit, all the while looking around, waiting for apologetic embarassed parents to show up . . . but they never did.  And we kind of wanted him out of there so Tanner slowly. . . dumped him out of the car seat.  And then he finally left (after Tanner tripped him.  He said it was an accident but I have my doubts) but he came back and apparently, he does have parents, because someone had provided him with a cheese stick.  And you've probably seen how toddlers eat cheese sticks, no?  It's gross, no?  Just in case you don't have any toddlers in your life, let me fill you in, they don't have the whole dexterous thumbs/peeling thing down so they just chew it and it's nasty and this kid is prone to slobberiness in the first place and he's coming for us holding out this slobbery disgusting cheese stick and it is heading straight for my dress.  Holy Cow, GROSS.  But I wasn't too grossed out to really really appreciate the hilarity of the situation and of the look on Tanner's face.  Nothing but sheer terror I tell you.  As we both tried our hardest to retract into the wall to avoid getting mauled by the slobbery cheese stick, I am dying laughing--one of those pez-dispenser-on-my-knee-in-a-concert-hall-Elaine moments (remember, Sunday School, there's a lesson going on) and that's all I remember to be honest.  Somehow, I avoided any and all cheese stick/dress contact and the toddler eventually wandered off into the crowd (after doing several laps around the teachers legs with still no parental interference) and . . . we still don't know who his parents are.  the end.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...