Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Before the Milk Expires

Scenario: It's coming up on finals week in December and you're at the grocery store, you're in the dairy isle, reach for your gallon of milk, and you notice the expiration date with pleasant surprise: sell by Dec 26. Holy cow! Christmas break seemed forever away, the end of finals--some date on the calendar that would never actually arrive, Christmas day far too far in the future to even be excited for yet. But no--it's almost here! You have renewed hope and encouragement because the relief you seek now seems within reach. It will be here before you know it--before the milk expires!

Well friends, Tanner bought a gallon of milk yesterday and guess what the expiration date is? Jan. 30. I've made it to the home stretch. January 30th is my due date. Which means (unless she decides to play some kind of horrible trick on me and try my patience before she's even out of the womb yet) I will have a little baby girl in my arms before the milk expires!

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...