Friday, August 26, 2011

yay. I have a blog. It only took me until 2011. I feel really awkward about this whole thing right now, because isn't my very first blog post supposed to say something. . . important or something? Especially since this has been an intention of mine for quite some time and to be honest I've thought of and forgotten a lot of quite funny and clever things that I intended to say on this thing. So to open it with something not-epic would be a shame wouldn't it? It's like my phobia of writing that I have to get over every single time I write something down for the first time in a brand new notebook. I am just going to bite the bullet and start with a little experience I had last night at my parents house that probably has no point. Ya know those boxes you have at your parents house that are full of old stuff of yours that you don't need, never brought to college with you, but couldn't bear to throw away? My mom wants me to get rid of them. So I was looking through them. Holy cow, the things you find. My very first alarm clock ever. Why does that have sentimental value to me? I have no idea. A Coldstone Creamery visor from when I worked there, age 17. Still covered in ice cream stains. Gross. The first thing I ever sewed in my life--a drawstring bag in 7th grade TLC. A directory filled with all of my elementary school friends phone numbers. Many, many softball, soccer, and piano performance trophies--how do you throw away a trophy?? One that says Farmington City Recreation Girls Softball 1997 Dana Bramhall. There's is absolutely no point in keeping them, I know, but someone please sympathize, these things are hard to let go of! However, at least one thing I found will live to escape one more DI run--the #1 favorite find of the night: my long lost hand-held electronic TETRIS game. Score.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...