Thursday, April 19, 2012

Adams Canyon

There are a few things I missed while pregnant/recovering and hiking was definitely one of them!  Last weekend we hit up Adams canyon in Layton--my all time #1 favorite hike.  Mostly because it's so close to my house and since I've hiked it a million times, it's got a special place in my heart.  But--it was quite a different place than the last time I'd been.  Remember the insane windstorm a while back in Davis County?  I couldn't believe how many fallen trees there were everywhere

Not to mention the wind on the day we hiked it!  For some reason, wind now always reminds me of the time I rode the Winnie the Pooh ride at Disneyland with Alissa.  The minute I step outside, I think (and usually say):  "It's a BLUSTERY day!"

We didn't even make it to the waterfall at the top because just before we got to it, my family, who'd I left Camryn with, called to say she was screaming bloody murder for her mom.  I hadn't left her any milk because I didn't think she'd be hungry before we got back.  The whole way down I was pretty miserable thinking I'm a terrible mom!  Hopefully soon, we can just bring her with us on these adventures. 









No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...