Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Our lovely Weekend

I am watching my husband trying to get my baby to drink from a sippy cup and it's probably the cutest thing I've ever seen.  He is all business and she thinks it's a really fun game and that the cup is a cool new toy.  We've been battling it out trying to get her to take a bottle and someone suggested we try a sippy cup instead.
Anyways, we had a really great weekend!  If you haven't heard, my little brother Ryan got home from his mission last week! (I have kind of a backup of pictures. . . lots of happenings in the Bramhall family as of late) And my sister Alison and her husband Zach were in town from Texas (Alison comes up for business trips occasionally but I haven't seen Zach in just about as long as I haven't seen Ryan) making it the first time in a looong time we've all been together!  So we had a big barbeque up the canyon.  Which canyon, you ask?  Well, we do things Bramhall style.  Meaning we planned it up City Creek Canyon (which is absolutely beautiful, I can't believe I've never been up there) and Tanner and I had driven all the way to the top before my family (at the bottom) found out they aren't allowing barbecuing.  Because of no cell service, my family had to drive all the way up to get us and tell us, drive all the way back down, and over to and up Millcreek canyon.  Bringing our total driving time to 3 AND A HALF HOURS by the time we even got there.  grrr.  But once we did, it was a great time.  And I think I can speak for all of us when I say we ate way too much.
Here's the whole gang!


Looking at this group picture for some reason reminds me of this week when one of Tanner's old mission companions and his wife were in town and came over to have lunch with us.  They live in the Netherlands, and she was talking about his family saying "he has a ton of cousins, like SIX!" haha ya. . . try six siblings and I have too many cousins to count.




My beautiful nieces Kassandra and Jazzlynne

How cute is this little guy??  This is Andrew and Giannia's baby Nolan.



This is the view of the City Creek shopping center from my dads new office.  We stopped by to see it and I'm definitely going to need to return for some shopping.
And we went Camping!  This was the 3rd weekend in a row that we attempted a camping trip and the first time it worked out.  I can't even tell you how refreshing it is for me to spend an entire 24 hours outside.  Tanner said "hey, it would only cost us $450 a month to live here."  I think I could live with that.  
We each took a bike ride (the canyon gets prettier the further up you get) and on mine a momma deer with 2 baby deer crossed the road right in front of me.  So cool.  We took a couple of walks to bridal veil falls, waded in the river, grilled chicken and fresh corn and zucchini, and smores of course (and were stupid enough to leave our food on the picnic table over night and it all got eaten by animals, so. . . no breakfast) And we did a hike with Camryn in the morning at big springs hollow.  














Our friends Bristyl and Kyle (let's be honest, Bristyl did most of it) threw a tea party for her little girls first birthday and it was completely adorable.  This little girl is a total ham, loves posing for the camera, and her bow is fabulous if you ask me.  They are going to be in the Middle East all fall semester for Kyle's arabic program this fall and we will miss them!


Happy moms, grumpy girls
She loved drinking from the tea cups




I also got a surprise bouquet of amazing flowers from my husband, we made an awesome batch of homemade ice cream, and watched a llllot of olympics.  Don't tell Tanner I said so, but he gets teary eyed/full on cries every time someone is celebrating their gold medal win.  And every time they play our national anthem.  Annnd that Tide commercial really gets him. And the Kellogs one. And the P&G ones about olympians moms.  No big deal, it's just kind of an emotional time over here.  It's really pretty endearing.

Hope you're having a good week.  We're almost over the hump!

1 comment:

  1. LOVELY photos! those adorable babies make me oober baby hungry!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...