Sunday, December 2, 2012

Look what I made!


This is the notebook I made at my bookbinding class on Friday and I love it a lot.  (it's actually not quite finished, I still have some pages to add, hence the loose thread and needle).  The class was teaching the Secret Belgium Binding and it's pretty fancy and cool looking if you ask me.    




 Isn't the cover beautiful?  It's italian woodblock printed.


 I decided to post some pictures since I get the feeling some people have no idea what I'm talking about when I say bookbinding.  Book binding is a craft and art form that you can take in a million different directions, but these ones I've been making are basically blank notebook/journal/sketchbooks.  I realize my photography leaves much to be desired, but this is just to give you an idea what I've been working on.  All of these are sewn with the Coptic Stitch that I learned at my last class.









I've been slowly slowly collecting a decorative paper stash



I wish I had a couple more pictures of the process, but this is kinda what it looks like


If anyone is interested in learning, I've been taking classes from a woman named Karleigh Jae.   She lives in Ephraim, Ut and her blog is here: http://badgerandchirp.blogspot.com/  She posts when she has classes or workshops coming up.  

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...