Tuesday, December 11, 2012

O Holy Shirt

Tanner has about 6 T-shirts that he wears over and over. and over. and over. and over.

They are all white T-shirts with designs and conveniently enough for him, I do a load of whites about once a week, requiring him never to venture outside of these 6 shirts in the wardrobe category.

And as poor as we are, this problem isn't about a poor college couple who can't afford more shirts so they have to wear the same 6 ones over and over!  Tanner just loooooves these shirts and doesn't want to wear anything else apparently (remember these??)  .  But fortunately, they are really great, quality good looking shirts.  Oh wait, actually, not.  They are the absolute worst shirts he owns.  Holes, yes.  Stains, yes.  Since some of you have not the pleasure of seeing him on a daily basis, I'll just let you know that the lineup includes, among others, The technicolored I HEART S.F. shirt.  (nope, he's not gay), The BEACH BUM shirt from Oceanside,  a BYU one he caught at a sporting event, and a couple that he's been wearing on a weekly basis since long before we were married.  Like 8 years before.

And last week as I dutifully and lovingly folded up every last one of the above mentioned shirts and rolled open his drawer to place them next to the nice big fat stack of good looking quality shirts that he never wears (despite hints, begging and pleading from his wife), I decided to take matters into my own hands.  

I hid the white shirts.  Every last one of them.  In a hiding place that I will not tell you because Tanner finding them is just something I don't want to happen.

And oh man,  my man is lookin GOOD these days :)

We discussed some possible ransom compromises where I give one back once a week or so (his idea).  Or once he's worn every single other shirt he owns at least once (my idea), but I'm really not sure if I will ever be able to surrender them.

4 comments:

  1. hahaha this is awesome! I propose this: you give me Tanner's old shirts and I will give you kris's old shirts...this way they still have old shirts and feel comfortable but we feel they have new shirts and at least SOME variety!! deal?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh. Eric has this same problem, but it is with plain colored shirts. first off, Eric doesn't like to wear shirts with labels or logos on them because he thinks it's silly to advertise since he isn't getting paid. So what does he wear? Two yellow shirts, two teal shirts, and two purple shirts. I swear he has like every shade of those colors. Occasionally he throws in a white or black one, but I think over Christmas break when he isn't working I'm going to hide them and make him wear the others. Merry Christmas to me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahahahaha! oh Dana, this was funny to read. You're awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. HA HA HA! This is AWESOME! I love being your friend.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...