Thursday, March 29, 2012

Shoes


Conversation from a few mornings ago:
 
Tanner:  "Shoot, its raining.  My feet are going to be soaked."
 
Me (looking at his feet):  "So why don't you wear your other shoes? (the ones not completely full of holes including on the bottom and all but missing the soles)
 
Tanner:  "Because these are my favorite shoes"
 
I love a man who appreciates a pair of well-loved old Vans.  And as much as I roll my eyes, I actually do understand.  It's kind of like a trophy, really.  It takes a long time to get them this way.  I wonder if it will ever become a trend for shoes to actually come this way--like distressed jeans.  Except, I've never actually thought distressed jeans were cool because it's like a fake.  The whole reason torn up, thin jeans are cool is because it means you stuck with that piece of clothing long enough for it to look that way.  Maybe the whole attraction factor is that it screams commitment.  Loyalty. I'll-never-give-up-on-you kind of love.  Maybe? 






1 comment:

  1. HA HA HA! The funny thing about this is when I first saw this picture, I thought those were your shoes... ha ha! I know I've seen clothing items of yours that look like that... it's good though...you know that you and Tanner are both very commited/loyal human beings.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...