Monday, July 2, 2012

180 miles

Happy Monday! I have a new goal/dare challenge: make a mileage goal. Mine is 180 miles on my bike for the month of July 2012. I've made fitness goals in the past, but never a mileage goal, and I think this will be perfect for me right now, since I'm not really concerned about how fast I'm going or anything, just that I get out frequently and for a decent amount of time. This # might be a little ambitious, since I've been tracking my miles and for May I came to 28.75 miles, and for June--a whopping 42.85 (and 35 of those were last week, if that tells you anything about how June went). But I should have a lot more time to go now that Tanner is out of school and done with the MCAT (yay!). (or it could be a really lame sissy goal, don't judge. it's where I'm starting) I just got a bike odometer which I'm really stoked about! As both a runner and a biker, I tend to like to wander, explore, and do a different route every workout, which makes mapping my ride and logging my miles trickier. I also got a pair of legit cycling shorts. You know, the kind with a ridiculous amount of padding to keep you from getting saddle sore. Before I started biking, I had no idea these existed, so for those of you who don't bike--they exist.

So wish me luck and I dare you to set your own mileage goal to keep you going strong for a whole month! Whether it's running, hiking, walking, swimming, biking, rollerblading. . . whatever strikes your fancy :)

I'm throwing this in as well. I'm sure you've all seen challenges like this bouncing around pinterest. I'm going to do this one 5 days a week for July (with absolutely no delusional belief that I will look like this by the time I'm through)



Now I'm off to go set up my odometer and take my first ride of July!

Happy excersising! (excersise is one of those words I will never know how to spell correctly. I'm leaving it like this)

1 comment:

  1. You can do it! I need to get all up on the ab challenge, I miss having exercise sore muscles, it's been too long. Thanks for this!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...