Friday, June 29, 2012

Rexburg

A couple weekends ago, I went up to Rexburg for a girls trip with Tanner's mom and sisters.  Why Rexburg, you ask?  Tanner's little sister Anne is a student up there and we thought it would be fun to go up and visit her, and it was!  Anne was in charge of creating a fun itinerary, and no offense to Rexburg, but she pretty much milked the place for all it was worth.  We had a great time for our 2 day, 1 night stay, and I'm pretty sure we did everything there is to do in the whole city.  Anne kept saying "Rexburg really isn't this fun, I promise."  
The fun included hiking the R mountain, which really, let's be honest, is a hill, but I loved it!  I haven't been hiking in faaaaar too long.  Really, I haven't been outside for an extended period of time in far too long, so this was really good for me.  Our group consisted of one 6ish months pregnant woman, a grandmother with bad feet, 2 mothers who gave birth less than 9 months ago, and one (hiking rookie) baby.  Oh and one fit, athletic, 19-year-old beauty (one of these things is not like the other).  The 95 year old couple we met in the parking lot at the bottom (who has probably done this every day for the past 50 years) took one look at us and told us the hike was really hard, but jokes on them--we did great.
Camryn is such a trooper.  I decided it was a great time to begin brainwashing her into loving the great outdoors.  You know, pointing out the sky, rocks, dirt, plants, and telling her how great and fun it all was.  Kind of like how I got her to love tummy time and the baby sling.  The entire way down the mountain, she was dead asleep over my arm.  Really cute if you ask me.  



Also, my aunt Kathleen lives in Rexburg and I got to visit!  I usually only see her family about twice a year, so I was so happy to see her!  She met Camryn for the first time and we just had a lovely time.  We went to an outdoor movie on BYU-I campus--Hitchcock's Rear Window.  It was way past Camryn's bedtime so we had to leave early but I definitely want to rent it and see the rest.  Too bad redbox has taken over and you can't just go rent regular movies anymore :( 


We also got pedicures (my 2nd one ever.  lovely), had an amazing lunch in the new Ricks gardens on BYU-I campus which are insanely beautiful (waterfalls, sculptures, these are legit gardens), and ate way too many peanut butter bars.  Oh and witnessed a car crash.  scary! Overall great weekend.  I wish our family vacations were in June instead of back to back in August, because I am dying for some good vacation time.  This one nighter was just a tease. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...