Tuesday, November 6, 2012

in which i try to keep it short

Since I've been writing marathon posts lately, I thought I'd keep things short today.

Happy election day!  My husband was so stressed out all day as if the entire election and the future of America depended solely on his vote (and he was still undecided as of this morning).  It was cute.

It's normal, right, for your dad to harass you and all of your siblings with multiple phone calls and emails with links to government websites to make sure you are registered to vote on time, know where to vote, and for heavens sake are actually going to vote.  right?  that's normal?

Today we met up with our friends (after voting, of course) Mac and Kelsey for a beautiful walk up the canyon by bridal veil falls.  We are soaking in this beautiful week as if we'll never see the sun again.  (We will, right?)  Sometimes I just can't believe I'm lucky enough to live in such a beautiful place.   The mountains, leaves, and sunshine are blowing me away right now.  


Camryn had a check up yesterday.  16 lbs 12 oz.  22nd percentile (back up to where she should be from a pretty dramatic drop a while back) Why do I feel every time my baby is weighed as if I'm waiting to get results back from a test I studied hard for?  I don't know if it's because she's small and keeping her on track for weight gain is constant hard work, or if it's because I'm breastfeeding and it's like I directly nurtured all 16 lbs, 12 oz of her into existence or what, but let me tell you--those numbers are a point of pride.  

She also has a little purple and blue snoopy bandaid on her big toe (that is about 3 times the size of said toe) from when they took some blood for an iron sample, and guys, that little bandaided foot is adorable.  I don't have a picture so you'll just have to do your best to imagine.  

I promised to keep this short so I guess I'm done.  

have fun watching 5 hours of political news coverage and analysis tonight!  (or is that just what we're doing at my house?. . )


edit:  Hahahah no lie, the second I posted this, my dad called.  "Dana, have you voted?!?"   

2 comments:

  1. Yep, I got a text. What would dad do if we DIDN'T vote? I don't want to think about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't heard from my parents, but I definitely harassed my sister who is of voting age! I don't think Joe's nearly as excited about the campaign coverage as I am, but it's been on all night :) Your baby's band-aid sounds adorable!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...