Monday, November 26, 2012

mealtime blues


Upon discovering graham crackers, Camryn kind of decided that she doesn't want to eat anything that's not graham crackers ever ever ever again.  And it might be causing me something of a breakdown at the moment.  Because I'm pretty sure that only feeding your kid one food is a bad parenting technique and is how you end up on a "my 2 year old is obese" episode of Maury or Dr. Phil, but how important are vegetables, really?  Important enough to spend an hour each mealtime battling her various methods of objection to everything I try to feed her?  and by various methods I mean 1) blowing spit bubbles every time she spies an approaching spoon 2) throwing all non-graham cracker finger foods on the floor, 3) repetitions of what I like to call her "slump and thrust" move and generally just acting like her high chair is a prison to be escaped 4) screaming.  which is really quite rude, unnecessary, uncalled for, and unladylike if you ask me.  


oh, and scowling at me


We are not on very good terms right now, she and I.  

For a while now, I've been getting her to eat foods she doesn't like by trading off bites between vegetable and graham cracker.  But she's on to me.  And it seems that the days are past when she's content with a 50/50 chance that what's going into her mouth will taste good.  Also, toy diversions are long past effective.  I am one stumped and out of patience momma. 

4 comments:

  1. Im sorry, but these pictures made me laugh out loud. Great post. Oh, and I dont know what I'll do when toy diversions stop working!! And if it makes you feel better, Mac refuses finger foods.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading your blog because I know so well how you feel and if it makes you feel better, Trenton was the SAME way but it DOES get better! :) BUt I'm sorry, So frustrating!

    ReplyDelete
  3. veggie/fruit mash spread on the graham cracker? Those faces really are classic. The frustration of 'good' food is a hard one ... James likes to make sneak attack grabs at the spoon, get food all over his hand, and then rub his eyes and hair ... stinker.

    I doubt you guys will end up on Maury ... but if you do I would watch it and not judge you at all. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha she is the cutest thing ever!! I want to see her! p.s. I saw Tanner on campus today

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...