Thursday, May 10, 2012

Blessing Day

We blessed our little baby girl on Sunday.  She's been sick with bronchiolitis and Saturday night was a loooong night for all of us.  We almost cancelled the blessing and did it a different day, but since I already did that once and she seemed ok after her doctors visit, we went through with it.  That morning was more stressful than I would have liked, but everything turned out ok.  She was crying and crying all before the blessing and we had pretty much thrown up our hands and thought ok, she's just going to cry through the whole thing and there's nothing we can do about it.  But the minute Tanner started the blessing, she went silent, was quiet through the whole thing, and recommenced her crying as soon as it was over--at which point I took her straight home.  My grandpa said she looked straight up at the ceiling with big wide eyes the whole time.

I'm really excited about her dress.  It was passed down to my mom through her German side (my grandpa was German) and was originally a christening dress (so, for 1-yr olds, that's why it's too big.  But it's still awesome.)  It has names and dates embroidered on the back of the people who were christened in it (in German so I can't read it) and the dates (mostly in the 1940's).  My mothers memory is a little fuzzy in her old age, but she's pretty sure that I was blessed in it, as well as my sisters Alison and Maddy.  Camryn was the first of this generation to be blessed in it since she's the first granddaughter.  Gotta love those old sentimental antique dresses!  The blanket is one that my mother-in-law used when she blessed all of her babies, (except her first) including Tanner.  Pretty special.


My Aunt Kathryn and Uncle Bob were nice enough to host our families in their absolutely beautiful backyard for food and such afterwards.  Thank you for everyone who came!  I know it's a long drive.  Shout out to Nolan and his beyond adorable little suitvest/tie thing.  And also to the part where Blake fell headfirst into the toy chest and we all turn around and see his legs waving in the air above it.  That was awesome.  I wish I had more pictures but I was too busy keeping my little poor sicky happy!

2 comments:

  1. You look beautiful! Sorry we missed it, but I'm so happy for you guys. And I love that she stopped crying just for the blessing... that says a lot about the spirit of a blessing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a special day! She is simply beautiful :)
    So sorry she's sick though :( I hope she gets better soon; it's the worst when a little child is ill.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...