Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Workin' Man

My husband walked in the door today after a walk with Camryn that lasted approximately 3 minutes and said (a little melodramatically, let's be honest) "I'm not going outside again until next winter!  It is SO dang hot outside!"  So. . . that makes him the only person I know who wishes for a longer Provo winter. (see more on his crazy weather preferences here)  Make that the only person in Provo who isn't half depressed and desperate for sunshine by mid March.  It was something like 85 degrees and I don't even know what he's going to do when we hit 100.   I think it's kind of adorable though that he is such a never-summer kind of guy. 

Speaking of this adorable man, he just got a job serving at the Outback steakhouse and loves it.  He's got a great personality for being a good waiter, right?  His word on it:  "I finally found a home for my voice!" (his loud voice) and: "Maybe I should just stop trying to get into medical school and do this for the rest of my  life" (which, don't worry, we had a little chat and I brought him over to my way of thinking that that is not a good life choice right now).  I think he loves having a productive break from studying organic chemistry and pathophysiology! (I thank heaven every day I see his books that I went for an English degree)

I made him let me take this picture of him on his way out the door for his first day of work.  He said he feels really dorky on his way to work on the scooter in the uniform, but I think you'll all agree with me here, the man looks gooooood!

Monday began the 30 countdown/intense review until Tanner takes the MCAT.  Yikes!  So, those of you that are accustomed to seeing us on any kind of regular basis. . . don't count on it until after June 21 and keep this guy in your prayers.  Thanks.  That's all. 

Have a good day!

3 comments:

  1. Whelp, I guess that settles it...you will never be visiting us in Texas. Not the climate for Tanner.

    I have to admit, when I heard Tanner got a job as a waiter I thought, PERFECT. He's probably so good at it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love all your posts Dana :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man, it's especially good that you moved out of that other apartment then! Last summer we had no a/c and I really have no idea how we survived. Tanner would have melted!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...