Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Online Moms

If you are a new mom like me (which some of you are) and have turned to google more often than your own mother for your new-mommy questions, you may have encountered the sometimes hilarious community of online moms.  Bless their hearts, they are sympathetic, supportive, oh-so-opinionated, and looove to share pictures.  Not to mention open-- there is no question so personal, weird, or gross that some mom somewhere has not posted her answer to.  They have one million inside jokes, love to laugh in an i-know-exactly-what-you-mean-my-kids-do-that-too kind of way, and even have their own language-- I have long been familiar with instant messaging shortcuts like LOL, BTW, BRB etc. . . but until recently had yet to encounter these little items that are thrown out left and right by online moms:  BF (breast feeding), LO (little one), MIL (mother in law).  But the thing that really prompted this post happened the other day while online shopping for diapers (awesome I know).  I was searching for a good deal and cheap little old me was wondering if Kirkland Signature (Costco) diapers would be as good as Huggies (I've been repeatedly warned by some of the cheapest people I know not to go cheap on diapers and just break down now and buy the expensive huggies).  That's when I noticed that there were no less than 2628 product reviews for the box of diapers I was contemplating purchasing.  That's two thousand six hundred and twenty eight.  !!.  Curiosity kicked in.  I took a peek.  And proceeded to get a little glimpse of 2,628 moms telling the world exactly how many times a day their child poops, at what time of day, what it looks like (color, texture, smell, I haven't heard that much poop talk since 2 months in Guatemala) how much their child weighs, and (at least the most relevant information)  how many blowouts they experience per day using each available brand of diaper on the market.  Yikes!  After weighing said advice carefully I purchased a giant box of Costco diapers.  Haven't busted it open yet.  But when I do, I'll save you all the experience of having to read about that experience and just refer you to 2,628 other online moms who would be happy to help you!

1 comment:

  1. Haha that's great! The online community of mommies cracks me up too.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...