Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Something Creative


Proud to present my first completed dare: something creative.  If you don't know what I'm talking about click here.  I collage-covered a notebook as a graduation gift to my little sister and I'm pretty happy with how it turned out! 


 I've made quite a few of these for myself over the years and it's just something I really like to do.  It makes my notebooks a lot more personal, unique and fun.  I just buy a blank-covered sketchbook from Michaels or Barnes & Noble, glue magazine clippings to the cover with Mod Podge, and then give it a couple coats of Mod podge over the top when I'm all done so it's smooth and none of the clippings start to peel off.  I used to have a huge stash of magazines under my bed, but I decided I needed to throw it away during this last move and I'm cursing myself for it!  You can never have too many magazines to attack with that pair of scissors. . . Luckily I still had a stash of clippings. 



The quote on the front I borrowed from Corrie, I hope she doesn't mind!


Next Dare:  I dare you to grow something.  Edible or beautiful, it doesn't matter.  If you have a lot of garden space, great.  But if you're in a tiny apartment like me, that doesn't mean you can't grow anything!  Try planting a vegetable in a bucket or other container by your door, or hanging a basket--inspiration here.  If nothing else,  get a little indoor houseplant that you can set on the windowsill.  I have about 100 little baby plants growing off of my spider baby plant all ready to pot, so if you want, call me and you can come get one!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...