Sunday, February 26, 2012

Dad

So, being up with the baby in the middle of the night is my job, not dad's. As hard as it is sometimes to roll out of bed, I'm not the one who has to be at an organic chemistry lecture by 9 a.m. and study all day. Besides that, something about my anatomy makes me automatically in charge of feeding her. That said, Saturday night is the only night that I don't feel bad about saying "I'm too tired! You take this one babe" (That is, after I've fed her, put her back down and she's still fussing.) That means that last night, Tanner had a little party with Camryn from 3-6 a.m. while I got some precious (oh so precious!) sleep. Later that day he took over the caregiving again while I attended an hour of church. Upon my return, I found him curled up on the couch in the fetal position and was greeted: "I'm breaking down! How do you do this??" One hour people. I was gone for an hour. I'm feeling pretty good about my mommy abilities after that!







1 comment:

  1. Ha ha! I again, laughed out loud. I love when you blog! :) And she is already looking different...she looks so much like you, I can't get over it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...