Saturday, February 25, 2012

Goodreads

Do any of you know about Goodreads? I want to put in a plug for it here because I think it's really cool and want more of my friends to use it. It's a social media site all about reading. You can rate books that you read or have read in the past and the site will generate recommendations for you based on your reading history and ratings. You can add friends and get a stream of updates like on Facebook about who just read what, what they rated it, read their review of it (or hundreds of other reviews of it). You can create to-read, currently reading, and already read lists and view your friends lists. Or you can just search for books you want to read on listopia by genre, popularity, ratings, etc. If you are a reader (who isn't a reader? that doesn't really make sense to me unless of course you can't read) you should check it out. And add me as a friend!

Also, seeing as I'm am a late comer to the blogging world (I always have been late on technological trends--texting, facebook, a phone that doesn't look like it's from the 80s, all the way back to gigapets in elementary school) I would like some recommendations on what blogs you like/follow/read. Give me a list please! Cooking, fashion, political, photography--whatever. I've stumbled upon a few and I know there have got to be some great ones out there.

3 comments:

  1. I was just reading BYU Magazine about this blog: http://www.designmom.com/. I haven't been a reader, but supposedly it's popular. I also love this blog: http://www.71toes.com/, mostly because of the awesome photography. Starting up a list of blogs to read can be a slippery slope... :) But it's so fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A few of my current favs:

    www.ablogaboutlove.com
    www.sheletsherhairdown.com (Hair blog - you will like this)
    www.greenweddingshoes.com
    taza-and-husband.blogspot.com
    tracyhillphotography.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man. I am currently having a love affair with this blog...
    http://lisajking.blogspot.com/2012/02/one-month.html

    That being said, I've never had enough time to really find blogs that I religiously read.
    So maybe I'll steal a few from the lists that people leave you. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...