Monday, October 8, 2012

Book Binding Class


I'm about become obsessed with bookbinding. It's something I've always been interested in and wanted to do for a looong time and I'm taking a class next week. How cool will it be to know how to bind my own notebooks? Handmade, one of a kind, high quality, beautiful notebooks covered in whatever beautiful paper, fabric, or collage my heart desires. I'm so excited to make a million of these! I'm actually helping to organize the class and if I get enough participants, I can take the class for free. Take a look and come take the class with me if you are interested! If you have any friends or readers in the Provo UT area, I would really appreciate if you would share this link on your blog or Facebook to help me get enough people :)

http://badgerandchirp.blogspot.com/2012/10/ethiopian-double-needle-coptic-stitch.html

Ethiopian Double Needle Coptic Stitch Class


October 19th, 2012
5pm - 8pm

Provo Art & Frame


201 W Center Street in Provo, UT




The Ethiopian coptic stitch dates back to the 4th century. It's a beautiful book with an exposed spine in which you can see the sewing of the pages. The coptic stitch book will open flat for maximum use of the pages. It works great for sketchbooks, photo albums and journals. It's also a nice book for recipes because you don't have to hold it open while cooking in the kitchen and it works great as a wedding guestbook too.



All levels of expertise welcome including beginners! Ages 10+ for this class.

Class fee is $50 which includes all the materials you'll need for the book you make and keep!

Students need to bring the following tools:


  • Pencil
  • Cutting mat (or old magazine to cut on)
  • x-acto type craft knife or utility knife
  • Scissors
  • Metal Edge Ruler
  • Bonefolder (available at Provo Art & Frame, ask or a student discount for taking my class!)

To register and pay for the class, go to http://badgerandchirp.blogspot.com/2012/10/ethiopian-double-needle-coptic-stitch.html. If you have any questions please contact Karleigh at KarleighJae@gmail.com

1 comment:

  1. Oh, man! If I was in the area, I would totally do it! I've always wanted to learn to do bookbinding.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...