Thursday, October 11, 2012

The anniversary of the day 2 awesome people got married

Do you guys like the giant gaping white space at the top of my blog?  Ya, me too.  Sometimes blogger is ridiculous and that's all I have to say.  I'll fix it when I feel like it.  Or I might just not, since I like blogging for writing and having everything look amazing would be nice, but really isn't that necessary and sometimes isn't worth the technological headache.  

Ok, so my anniversary.  It was fabulous.  And really really quite simple and small but I really am in love with this man and that is all we need.  Alissa and her husband Clint were kind enough to watch Camryn  (which we reeeeally appreciate. thanks guys!) and I hadn't realized it, but we hadn't been on a date in a very long time without the baby.  And with all due respect to the baby, it was all kinds of refreshing.  It took me a while to convince myself before leaving that I wasn't forgetting something.  The one (count it--one) item I was holding (my cell phone) seemed grossly insufficient and so different from the 20 I rarely leave the house with anymore, even for a short walk or something (baby, carseat, stroller, diapers, wipes, binky, cell phone, keys, toys, burp clothes, blanket, etc.)  

I rarely get to ride on the back of the scooter with Tanner anymore and I looooove it.  You guys should all get scooters.  We headed down to Station 22 where we are in love with their chicken and waffles and had a lovely dinner.  

And I'm just going to skip the rest since it was great for me, but probably boring for you to read and I hate when blogging or journaling turns into then we did this and then we did this, and it was probably a little too cheesy and sentimental to be entertaining so there you go.  Let's skip to the part where he gave me presents!

One of them is this amazing polaroid camera that I'm so excited about!  If you remember my post about him being so secretive about his gift--he drove all around kingdom-come one day taking pictures with the polaroid of different places where he fell in love with me.  (one of them was on the mountain where he proposed to me and he fell and sliced his leg open, hence the bloody shins).  Anyways, you can't really tell in the picture and I'm too lazy right now to take a better one, but it's an old vintage polaroid that accordians out and everything.  The pictures come out so cool and I have a bunch of projects in mind to use it for, like travel journals where it will be cool to have the picture print out immediately to put in the notebook and write about instead of having to wait and have them printed.   He also got me a breadmaker which I've wanted for a long time.  I've got more to say about that later, but it's already made us some fabulous bread. 

And there you go, we have been married for 2 years going on 80.   







That's our little Buddy scooter



When most people get married, do they consider that their wedding date will be their anniversary date for the rest of their lives?  I didn't at all.  But I think ours in perfect.  Right in the middle of September when you just need a holiday because there hasn't been one for so long.  And it doesn't get overshadowed by Christmas, Valentines Day, or our birthdays or anything.



Behold--chicken and waffles




4 comments:

  1. Cool! Happy Anniversary! So, you failed to mention what you got for Tanner...

    ReplyDelete
  2. First, I love your shirt! And second, how cool is that camera??! What a neat gift!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's such a cool camera! Good job Tanner! and Happy Anniversary :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look so so cute and that camera is awesome!! Way to go, Tanner!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...