Tuesday, October 23, 2012

I lose everything, part 2

hi everyone.  Just in case you have been, you can quit having anxiety over wondering if I've abandoned my blog and decided I have better things to do with my time.  Because I haven't.  Calm yourselves (all 12 of you).  I've just been off BINDING BOOKS!  Which is fabulous and I recommend it to all of you. I'll tell you all about it later.  Write now I feel like posing the question, am I the only one who seems to be constantly making things so much harder than they actually should be?  Example 1:  like how last time I went grocery shopping I wrote "1 onion" on my grocery list instead of "2 onions" which left me with an onion deficiency when I wanted to make the butternut squash soup today that Steph recommended.  Which meant a short trip to the grocery store which turned into a loooong trip, most of which wasn't actually a trip but searching for my wallet which I apparently absentmindedly put in camryn's toy basket.

Yes, really.

Which I didn't actually discover until after the grocery trip.  So, being the resourceful (read: desperate) mom that I am, I emptied my piggy bank (yes, I actually have a piggy bank full of coins) into a pocket of my diaper bag and paid for 1 onion + 2 snack packs of baby cereal bites at a self check out station by shamelessly feeding the machine coins.

Example 2:  While making bread in the easiest bread maker in the world that only requires 2 parts, I forgot one of the parts:  the kneading paddle.  Which is kind of necessary if you think about it.  Which means I had to dig my little hands through 2 pounds of bread ingredients to attach the paddle, which wouldn't attach, so I had to dump out all the ingredients into a different bowl, blah, blah, blah, blah. . . the point of the story is I make things way harder than they need to be.

Example 3:  Leaving our phone charger at my in-laws house on Sunday.  The phone charger we share because we have the same phone and already lost one charger. (insert here:big fat frustrated sigh)

I got to thinking today what I'd do with all the time I'd have if I wasn't looking for things all the time and just plain making easy things difficult.

Please tell me it's not just me.  




5 comments:

  1. Last week I went grocery shopping. Got ALL my groceries loaded on the belt only to realize I left my wallet at home. (insert here:big fat frustrated sigh) Found an employee who could watch my groceries while I drove home and back. It was the middle of morning rush-hour traffic - took me 30 min to make it home and back. I was NOT a happy camper. I want to say I will never leave my wallet home again...but I probably will.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ya, pretty sure it's part of our gene pool unfortunately :(

      Delete
  2. My husband has the saaaaame problem. Seriously, it's bad. Every time he loses something I seriously want to poke my eyeballs out and all I can think to myself is how it can't possibly be normal to be capable of losing so many things in such a small amount of time and surely I'm not the only spouse dealing with this problem. What I'm getting at is, it makes me feel slightly better knowing that he ISN'T just him haha.

    Although we too share one cell phone charger, and that one may or may not have been my fault..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel tense with anxiety when I read about these horrible spells of losing/forgetting things, so... let's talk about happy things... did you make the soup and love it? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. made the soup and loved it :) it was amazing with homemade bread. except it cracked me up reading the comments for that recipe because NOBODY actually followed the recipe how it was written. so i didn't either. So who knows if the actual recipe is actually good?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...